Saturday, August 6, 2011

Dieser Sommer

This summer was actually quite eventful.
I learned that there is way too much drama that goes on behind the happy facades people wear at the Clyde York. But despite the petty drama, disagreements, and awkward situations, there's something about the CY you gotta love. I haven't quite figured out what it is.

This summer, I shot skeet with a twelve gauge shotgun for the first--and probably last--time, caught my first fish (a 10 inch crappie--pronounced "craw-pee"), made friends with a classic country girl and a Brazilian volleyball player, met a real country cowboy, had some of the best conversations with Jacob, and learned to tolerate some country music. I cleaned more toilets, mopped more floors, and pulled more weeds than most people in their whole life.

I feel like the opportunity to work at the CY this summer was a second chance given to me to see Tennessee in a new light. They've been the best three months of this past year. See you next year, guys.

Sidenote: pictorial evidence does exist of both the crappie and shotgun experience. Somehow they are in the possession of my boss....long story.

No comments: