Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Rather Religious Post

I had to work today, so I did not get a chance to go to church. 
I wish I could have gone to church. 
Someone once asked me if going to church every week was necessary to be a Christian. I hesitated in saying yes, because I think it depends on the person. But for me, personally, the answer would be yes. I really benefit from it. 

I was reading a talk given by Dieter F. Uchtdorf (Waiting on the Road to Damascus), and there is a section about serving others. He mentions that as we become answers to someone else's prayers by actively serving them, we find the answers to our own prayers. 
There is a saying, a truth in my own experience and personal belief, that often times the Lord answers our prayers vicariously other people. I love this concept, this strategy, if you will. The little ways in which God reminds us that he is not only there but keenly aware of us is so comforting in such a tumultuous world full of troubles--whether personal or global. That direct method of letting us know that he hears you is reassuring, a further testament that he is there. 

I believe there was a time that I was somewhat ungrateful for the people in my life. Perhaps not ungrateful, but not aware of how fortunate I was that they were there for me, that they were a part of my life, great influences on the person I have become. And then boom, suddenly they are no longer very close, and I experience a rude awakening. 

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow....right? 

Just thought I'd share. 

No comments: