Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Expectations

I'm generally the type of person who does not have expectations at all. This prevents disappointment and dissatisfaction, for the most part. I just kind of go with the flow, experience things for the sake of experiencing them. I'm a firm believer that experience is the best teacher, so I try to keep an open mind and let the nature of things take shape in my mind afterwards.

But I hate not knowing, and that's the worst part. I think I could have an entire post dedicated to this statement.

I don't really know what to expect with college. I think it will be exhausting, difficult, demanding, and rigorous, especially since I'm taking eighteen credit hours my first semester. That makes me kind of nervous. However, other than those slightly intimidating adjectives, I just don't know. I tend to underestimate things, and I'm afraid I've done this will college already. What am I getting myself into? I can take advice from others who have been there, but personal opinions, aptitudes, and attitudes vary so much. I seldom find someone who gauges my own abilities as well as me, someone who gauges the world in a similar manner.

Conclusion: experience is a crude, but very valuable teacher.


1 comment:

melissa maxfield said...

so true ... the only thing you may have underestimated is your awesomeness!!