Monday, December 20, 2010

Spiraling Downward


Have you ever felt like you were losing grip, not with life or reality or sanity, but with someone close to you? Sometimes I don't know what to say, and then I worry too much about what I should say, and pretty soon having a conversation with someone becomes a nightmare, this frightening task I dread and avoid.

Lately I don't know what to say to this one person. I try to say things, but I get the feeling they're not entirely....there. Most of the time my life isn't wildly exciting, hence I don't have anything outrageous to tell. I know that they have a life and they don't always have time to sit down and just talk to me. I'm sure they're busy with important things, I can take that. But at the same time, I'm saddened that it's been too long: too long since I saw you, too long since I actually talked to you.


Slowly, despite my feeble attempts, I feel as if I'm drifting away in a lonely raft built for one, and I can't seem to prevent it.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

We call that feeling drifting away. It's not a good feeling.
If this is about a specific boy, he seems to be drifting away from everyone right now, and I don't really know why. It's not your fault.

Bianka Rose said...

Sometimes I feel like this blog is my therapy; the place for my thoughts to spill over. Is that bad? I'm pretty sure most people could care less about my thought spills.