Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I Want

Vanity Fair, Thackeray
To Kill a Mockingbird, Lee
War and Peace, Tolstoy
The Scarlet Letter, Hawthorne
Pride and Prejudice, Austen 

Little Women, Alcott
The House of Seven Gables, Hawthorne
The Complete Works of Charles Dickens


I want this so much
This lady in Washington, D.C. makes wallets and purses out of old, used books. It's beautiful. I think it's kind of funny that my copy of War and Peace has the same cover as the one she made the purse out of.
Anyone have an extra $160 they'd like to give me to get one of these? :)

7 comments:

Amy Elizabeth said...

ONEHUNDREDANDSIXTYDOLLARS?!?! you should just make your own. i bet you could get an old book used for real cheap at the library...yup. haha

Samantha said...

They're destroying books, which I have some moral issues with, but it doesn't look like it would be too hard to make your own.

Bianka Rose said...

no one is destroying the books! they're old and unreadable.
they're fantastic.

Samantha said...

There is no such thing as an unreadable book.
Also, there was something on craftster about a purse that was a stack of books with the middle cut out. Looked sturdier.

Anonymous said...

Ok, other than the fact that they are outrageously expensive, they are really cute purses! I wouldn't mind having one myself! I wonder if Jenna could sew them! :)
BTW- I like your 5 year plan. Really good goals-especially the education and mission part! :)

Luna Moon said...

I intend on making one of these. If it fails horribly, then at least I wouldn't have spent $160 on it. But they are gorgeous.

Leah Beth said...

I like! NO I LOVE!