Monday, March 23, 2009

Tonight's Forecast: DARK

I saw this on some girl's shirt today at school. I had a good laugh by myself. I was in a pretty good mood fourth block, actually. I spent a good half hour on the Republic of Pemberly and that always makes me happier. My newest favorite Pride and Prejudice quotes:

"For what do we live, but to make sport of our neighbors,
and laugh at them in our turn?"

"I am particularly unlucky in meeting with a person so well
able to expose my real character, in a part of the world where 
I had hoped to pass myself off with some degree of credit."

"If I had ever learnt, I should have been a great proficient."

I am particularly on the lookout to use the last one. "I  basically know nothing about this subject, but if I had ever learned I would be the very best and better than you." 

Oh man, I love Lady Catherine. But Pride and Prejudice is a rant for another time. 

2 comments:

Leah Beth said...

Are those quotes in English?
You should make a whole other blog about Pride + Predjudous

melissa maxfield said...

let me know when you get the opportunity to use that line ... if i had thought of it before you, i would have done it justice