Monday, February 9, 2009

Yearning


Sometimes I feel like I want too much from life. There are way too many things to do and such little time to do them in. It's as if I look forward to life but no matter how far I stretch, my fingertips don't seem to even brush my aspirations. I'm too inhibited, emotionally, financially, physically, etc. My bucket list just seems to never end. I want to travel the earth and know, not just believe, that the earth is round. I want to go to so many art museums- the MOMA, London Gallery of Art, Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam, the Louvre. I feel like my expectations are too high, that bar I set for myself far beyond my grasp. So many things, so little time. I guess I just have to focus on what's important in life and to me that would be family, education, and religion. I have to focus on all that I have instead of what I don't have. I have to be patient, I can't have everything at once. I guess like every other person in the world I want to leave a mark on this earth. It doesn't have to be a big one, it doesn't have to impact millions of people. I'm ok with being a watermark, something that is behind the big picture. I don't want attention to surround me but I would like to be somewhat important. Just goes to prove that "we all seem so different but we're just the same." (Kudos to whoever can tell me what song that's from except Clayton.)

4 comments:

Becca said...

Hopefully whenever we live in Europe, you should come and visit us! I would LOVE to go to the art museums there, but I know I wouldn't be able to spend a lot of time if I had Spencer with me, and I don't think Tyler would like spending hours there. Start saving for the plane ticket!!! :)And I don't know what song that is, but will most likely go to a website that tells me which song those lyrics belong to.
Becca.

Amy Elizabeth said...

love the picture.
i really like how it's written.
twentysomething by jamie cullum
i cheated, but now i'll probably go download it.

Bianka Rose said...

amy you cheater!!! but you're right...it's a great song
you should look more into jamie cullum- i think you'd like him if you're into new jazz

Bianka Rose said...

you have already left your mark on the world ...