Sunday, February 8, 2009

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day. What a joke, what a slap in the face to all other holidays. Well maybe it's not as bad as a slap in the face but it's a horrible holiday. I mean, we celebrate it because there was this Roman, named Valentine, who decided to break the law and illegally marry young Roman soldiers. So technically we have a holiday that celebrates someone who broke the law. There is just nothing really special behind it...I feel like someone was desperate for a holiday and established Valentine's Day. I dunno.....

So I just took this test to find out what religion I am and here are my top ten:

1. Mormon (real shocker there)
2. Jehovah's Witness
3. Orthodox Quaker
4. Baha'i Faith (what is this?)
5. Mainline Christian/Protestant
6. Mainline Liberal Christian Protestants
7. Orthodox Judaism
8. Sikhism
9. Liberal Quakers
10. Seventh Day Adventist

Hmmm...I feel like I could have predicted the majority of those without taking a test.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I'm not quite sure what baha'i is, but I know that they come to all the interfaith events.