Sunday, November 6, 2016

A Little Piece of My Heart

Dear L&T,

You moved to St. George yesterday.

Thus ended a chapter in my life of living next door to you guys, commencing a new chapter in your lives. It was and will be quite an adventure.

And when you drove south with the truck and trailer carrying all your belongings, you also carried with you a little piece of my heart, sitting snugly in his car-seat.

It's amazing what a little boy can teach you about forgiveness, joy, patience, frustration, sorrow, laughter, vivacity, and love in a short year and a half.

I'll miss your Big Shark who calls himself "Ol" and proudly proclaims he's three. I'll miss those moments when he would knock on my door, promptly walk in then say, "E, what ya do?" I'll miss his giggles, his hugs, his help in the kitchen, his games that involved monsters and playing asleep or dead. I'll miss the look of pure satisfaction and bliss on his face when he's running -- usually being chased by someone.

We've been through some tough moments as well as perfect ones, moments of regret but also sweet success. I'm so grateful to have had this time with him and for the friendship he has so generously shared with me. I'm also grateful for your patience with me as I have learned alongside and from him.

Sure love you, Oliver.

All the best,
Oliver's E

No comments: