Monday, October 3, 2011

In Love

I love October.
I love the fall.
I love the way the air smells, the way the leaves change color in an explosion of autumnal splendor.
I love fall weather: not too hot, not too cold. Excellent medium.
I love pumpkins and squash.
I love Halloween and how so many people are so creative with their costumes.
I love creativity and originality.
I love Almond Joys, but for some reason very few people ever handed those out for treats.
I love pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
I love apple pie.
I love apple cider and cider donuts.
I love fall fashion.
I love fall colors.
I love general conference, which always happens the first weekend in October.
I love the general authorities of the church.
I love the gospel.
I love how general conference always makes me want to be a better person.
I love how general conference gives me hope and guidance and answers.
I love Feist.
I love melancholy love songs.
I love the perfectness of today's weather.
I love Byzantine architecture.
I love my purple glasses.
I love this Threadless shirt I'm wearing.
I love how my professors are all awesome.
I love that I get to go to college.
I love the huge variety of people I meet on a daily basis.
I love diversity.
I love my family: Rielly, Lacey, Clayton, Colby, Luke, Leah, and Abby. They're perfectly imperfect, and I would have them no other way.
I love my mother. The more I see of the world, the more I'm grateful that she's my mother.
I love my father. Sister Dalton was so right about a father's influence in his daughter's life.
I love that there is kindness in the world.
I love generosity.
I love the Spirit.
I love unselfishness.
I love that I have friends, old and new.
I love that I was given the opportunity to live in Michigan.
I love that I chose to come to BYU.
I love the feeling when I first lay down in my bed after a long day, and I can just completely relax.
I love sarcasm.
I love witty humor. PUNS!
I love the feeling of satisfaction.
I love the sound of an acoustic guitar.
I love the sound of a ukulele.
I love grey skies.
I love the rain.
I love being in the rain.
I love the English language.
I love books, how authors can manipulate language.
I love the simple sounds of a piano.
I love the sculpture of Michelangelo. Overrated, but what can I say?
I love paintings.
I love the silent, venerated beauty of an old building in ruins.
I love poetry.
I love spontaneity, although I'm not prone to it very often if at all.
I love bread.
I love mangoes and avocados.
I love my eyes and hands.
I love thinking and pondering.
I love silence.
I love laughter, especially when someone's laugh is contagious.
I love children: their simplicity, their willingness, their genuine nature.
I love history.
I love my patriarchal blessing.
I love all that Novi quiz bowl has made me.
I love the internet.
I love hymns.
I love prayer.
I love wisdom, especially the wisdom of God.
I love Fridays. But alas, today is Monday.
I love life....most of the times. :)

And if you really read through this crazy long list of things I love (which is not complete, I'm pretty sure), then I love you, too.
This is me, choosing to be happy.

2 comments:

Becca said...

I love this list. Ditto to it all....except for the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, I'm not sure if I would love them. :)

Samantha said...

Yay.