Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fun, or at least my definition

Peter asked me last night what I did in my free time. I told him that I go to lectures.

There are so many interesting things happening at college. There is so much to learn. A few weeks ago I went a lecture about the collapse of empires. Last night I learned about German film and art/literature and its role during post-WWII. It was so very intriguing. Today I saw a presentation on flint knapping. (Flint knapping is one of those things that's more exciting to watch than to think or hear about.) Tomorrow I get to go to a lecture about the Sophie Project, a project about early German women authors.

Guys, I never studied any of these things for quiz bowl nor did I know the study of these things even existed.

A lot of upper classmen have mentioned to us freshmen that they wish they would have been involved with more things during college. Well, this is my version of being more involved. Plus, you meet really cool and interesting and intellectual people when you go to these things.

Oh, and did I mention that they're all free? College just keeps getting better and better.

No comments: