Thursday, September 22, 2011

Weekly Musings

What do Angela Merkel and Martin Luther have in common?
We will have lifesize cardboard cutouts of them for German Week at my school. If only they would be there in person. Next best thing, right? Uhh, yeah. I'm super excited.

Only in quiz bowl is one's "nerdy joke" derailed as being "nerdy." Contrary to popular belief, electrons can be Catholic, because they do--in fact--have mass, even if it is negligible.

Abigale has a most insightful take on Jason Bourne's girlfriend Marie's death: "He finally finds someone who wants to be with him, and then she dies. It's like bye-bye, see you later. In Heaven. When I die, which will most likely be from another assassin." I love being able to talk about movies with my sister, especially when it involves applying Mormon doctrine to a rather peculiar and somewhat surprisingly fitting situation.

I thought that being in college meant I could listen to a rather intellectual lecture given by a woman with a doctorate degree from New Zealand, without people around me whispering and making fun of her accent. Guess not. I have come to the conclusion that people flirting during class time is very, very annoying. Seriously, guys, it can wait.

1 comment:

melissa maxfield said...

Would love to stand next to the cutouts...
love the electrons joke!
love Abigale's insight.
Do not love disrespectful conduct :(