Friday, September 23, 2011

I Kinda/Sorta.....

....really like college. Almost love, but not quite there yet.

I have the opportunity to see frescoes in Pompeii that are closed to the general public. Do you know how badly I am geeking out about that? No, you don't. It's intense. Never before have I ever geeked out this badly. I just want to do internships at museums for the rest of my life.

Also: paper conservation. Old books, making them look pretty again, preserving old books. This is what I will probably be doing in Heaven.

This guy showed us the backroom of the Met in NYC. There was an Eakins painting, just hanging out there, NBD, next to an unfinished eighteenth century portrait and what appeared to be a Van Dyck. I wish this was my backroom, where I just have some BA paintings hanging out like nothing. Sigh.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

What do you have to do to be able to see these mystical frescos? They sound amazing.