Sunday, May 15, 2011

Adaptation, not Assimilation

So last Thursday was my last day of high school. I was not sad. I will not miss anything concerning my current high school. I'm done with it, I'm over it, I'm ready to leave this place. As the title says, I feel like I've adapted to my high school, but I have not assimilated. I don't feel like I'll be leaving anything behind, no immense sadness has come over me. I think it's important to make that distinction. Anything I'll miss about high school I already do; I left it behind in Michigan. It can be summed up as friends, quiz bowl, and AP Euro.

A friend of mine bought me skittles, some boy in my second block gave me his phone number and told me to text him....it was slightly awkward, but this is my life. (And I will not be texting him.) I talked to  more people in one day than in the past eight months that I've been at high school.

Onto bigger and better things. Please. Here's to hoping college is nothing like high school.

No comments: