Thursday, October 14, 2010

Page 87




I have this prompt for a scholarship essay that asks me to write page eighty-seven of my autobiography and imagine where my life would be at that point.

Uhh...I do know that I want certain things accomplished by then, whenever "page 87" is--I interpreted it to be age twenty-nine. But... I don't really know? For all they know, I could have an extraordinary childhood full of interesting details that led to my psychological development later on in life and by page 87 I would only be 10 years old. Or I could have a really short autobiography--because, let's face it, if I ever deem myself important enough to write a book about my life, it would be very short due to a severe lack of exciting circumstances--and I would be like 80 years old.

I really want to cut my essay off mid-sentence, like they would have to turn to page 88 to find out what happened next.
Also, is it appropriate to use the phrase "geeking out" in a college essay?

1 comment:

Becca said...

I bet they would like it if you cut off the essay mid-sentence because it went on to page 88. :) haha! That would awesome.