Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sleep


I just want to crawl in a hole until this storm that's raging can pass over, colliding with my surroundings while I peacefully sleep, unaware of the tumult that's engulfing me. I just want to rest, carefree and blissfully.

But I'm too late. I'm already aware.
I already know the stakes.
I already know the consequences of a decision that I will either have to make or one that will be forced upon me.
This next year of my life seems so trivial in the grand scheme of things, yet for the present (carpe diem) I'm reluctant to act on this observation. I'm hesitant to up and leave a life I've established, teammates I've worked with these past few years.

Why must all these things happen at once, so quickly? Overload.
Father Time seems to have betrayed me.

2 comments:

melissa maxfield said...

All I can say is ... this is beautifully written and portrayed

Spencer Kim said...

There is no doubt that your decision will significantly impact your life; it will be your turning point, your 1789.

But honestly... there isn't much *I* can say about this (of course, my opinion is biased), yet I feel obligated to comment. I advise you to think carefully and rigorously on your dilemma. (What are *your* values and beliefs?)
There are times when it would be just SO easy to... give up and let things resolve the way they appear to. I have done that this past year and have had terrible results. Hence, whatever you decide better be what you want. I will continue to admire you as long as this holds.


Take Action- you already know the stakes.
(Nice picture, by the way.)