Monday, July 12, 2010

Empire Falls

Or, more appropriately, A Waste of My Time.

Seriously, why the heck am I reading this book?
Does it have literary merit? No.
Does it have a point? No.
Am I interested in reading about a dilapidated town with discouraging residents? Perhaps if it was written well.

Honestly, what's with the Russo's diction? It's unrefined, coarse, uncreative, and common. Much of his subject matter is so Freudian it makes me sick.
Empire Falls represents a lot of things that I don't care for in a novel, especially in contemporary fiction. It's cliche and very discouraging.
I'm very disappointed, Kidle, VERY disappointed. I had much better expectations for AP Literature.

I'm not even bothering to finish this book. If you really knew me, this would be saying quite a bit.

1 comment:

melissa maxfield said...

I do know you and it is saying quite a bit ... but I am happy you are sticking to your guns on this one!