Sunday, September 6, 2009

So Yeah

Summer is almost over and I feel like everyone is blogging about school, their schedules, nostalgic summer feelings, etc. But I don't even have my schedule and I'm not feeling very nostalgic.
I'm excited for school to start. The part I'm most excited about? Quiz Bowl (duh).

Time for a ridiculous, eye-rolling-worthy story about a fond memory:

Once upon a time, I was a freshman. We had a seminar about different school clubs that were available. So I go and I visit the "quiz bowl" booth. I had read about quiz bowl in this great book called The View from Saturday and it sparked my interest. That was the first time I saw him.
Robert.
He's a legend, something any quiz bowler would aspire to. Even though he's gone, we still remember him. Even Peter isn't that good.
Anyway.
So I talked to Robert and considered joining quiz bowl. My friend Samantha went to the first meeting but I didn't. I think I was afraid. Quiz bowl is pretty intimidating. (Psh.) She told me she wasn't sure if she was going to do it for sure so then I doubted my interest. Silly me, I wanted a friend to join with me. But I went to the second meeting and I liked it. Mr. Baker was/is great. It was everything and more I had hoped it would be. So I joined.
To be quite honest, quiz bowl is probably one of the best decisions I ever made. It opened up new dimensions for me. It was quite the eye-opening occasion and being the nerdy geek I am, I love every minute of quiz bowl.

3 comments:

Luna Moon said...

I'm hitting the imaginary "Like" button here.

Andrea said...

At this point I'm more of dreading Quiz Bowl. It's like... this year, now that they know I suck, I won't be captain, I'll be on the white team. I haven't studied, so I'm just stupider... And I haven't finished any presentations because I need to access my school account and I'm super lazy and don't really want to.

I love Quiz Bowl but I feel like I probably shouldn't be in it...

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you had a great time in Germany and that you are excited for Quiz Bowl. Update often so that I can see how you are doing. :)
Sis Hunter
ps.... please tell your family hello for me. :)