Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Robespierre

Today is Robespierre's birthday. He was born in 1758 and he's kind of radical.
Apparently, his disliking of the French monarchy can be dated back to when he was eleven years old. He was just about to read some Latin verses he had written in honor of the king when his carriage went by, splashing mud all over Robespierre. How sad is that? I just picture a little Robespierre, smiling with his Latin verses and then all of his visions of the monarchy are shattered and it's a blow to his ego. He frowns, someone probably laughed at him. It's so sad. 
Yes, I'm feeling sympathy for Robespierre, the man who killed thousands of aristocrats during the Reign of Terror.

Question: My brother Luke is in the Missionary Training Center, preparing for his mission to Hiroshima, Japan. He met this other guy there named Elder Hancock (or something like that). He [Elder Hancock] wrote me a letter and it should be here soon. Is that weird? Cause I think it is. Should I even write him back? I DECAY!

8 comments:

Amy Elizabeth said...

hahahahahahahaha.

Andrea said...

A letter? About what? Luke?

Luna Moon said...

At least you don't like the name Robespierre. Unless you do. Because it is much worse than Atlas.

And I suppose you should write back. Just try being a little positive. But what's the letter about? And letters from Japan normally take two weeks or so.

Zoopsia said...

I think that Atlas is a sweet name, and that luna moon should change his/her name to looney moon.
i do however agree that you should write back. it's not like he's asking you out or something... he just wrote you a letter. he probably doesn't have much family or friends, ya know?

Bianka Rose said...

I don't like the name Robespierre-it's his last name anyway.

I mean, I think he's just writing me a letter (about whatever) because him and luke have a joke. I just thought it was a bit odd...

He's not in Japan right now-he's in Provo, Utah.
According to Luke, "he's pretty skinny and chill."

batmanrocks said...

hahahah, nice, what is the letter about? it is allittle weird but guess what i'm sending you a letter too!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I am going to go out on a limb and say yes, write to him. Simply because, every missionary likes to get letters, he will be gone for two years (you may or may never meet the guy) and it will hone your writing skills. :)

Leah Beth said...

I DECAY either! Yes I think that's weird... way weird...

Who is Luna Moon any way?