Friday, May 22, 2009

Chicago Art Institute

I'm going to Chicago next week. On Saturday, when the quiz bowl matches are all done with, we have some free time. I really want to go to the art museum there. It's the second largest one in the U.S. behind MOMA. 
Its art collection=fabulous. It has Nighthawks, Time Transfixed, Water Lilies, American Gothic, and Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte. Eek! It's also heavy on the Impressionist and post-Impressionist paintings. Impressionism is my favorite art style. 
But, alas, it closes at five p.m. 
This is very sad. If only, if only.

Time Transfixed, Rene Magritte
Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte, Georges Seurat
Bedroom at Arles, Vincent van Gogh
Nighthawks, Edward Hopper
Water Lilies, Claude Monet
By the Water, Pierre-Auguste Renoir
American Gothic, Grant Wood


6 comments:

Leah Beth said...

oohhh....

Luna Moon said...

I was just there! When I went, there was some construction/remodeling going on. But I think it is mostly just of the Modern Art Wing.

I saw Nighthawks, American Gothic, and a ton of other QB favorites. What you say about the Impressionism is true. There's some great Georgia O'Keefes too. And some cool Asian/African/tribal stuff if you like that kind of thing.

Andrea said...

Just add it to the list of things to do this summer. With me and Samantha!

Samantha said...

I went there a million years ago. It was pretty cool.

We should go there this summer!

Leah Beth said...

I like by the water

melissa maxfield said...

water lilies have always been one of my favorites ....