Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Quotes!

Here are some quotes that I've heard recently which I like and thought I'd share:

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." Emo Philips

"Works best with country, soft rock, and western: hip-hop and rap may cause self-destruct." Bob Thompson (in reference to some cordless speakers) 

"Life is something you do when you can't get to sleep." Fran Lebowitz

"Sometimes the road not taken is not taken for a reason." Jerry Seinfeld 

"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." George Orwell

"A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other." Charles Dickens 

"All generalizations are false, including this one." Mark Twain 

"A pair of powerful spectacles has sometimes sufficed to cure a person in love." Friedrich Nietzsche

"I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal. " Jane Austen 

"At fifty everyone has the face he deserves." -George Orwell

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." Mark Twain 


Another great word: 

flummox \FLUM-uhks\, transitive verb: To confuse; to perplex.

No comments: