Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pinano


Lately I've been thinking about getting back into piano.
I played for eight years, the longest I've yet to stick with anything, and I kinda/sorta miss it.
(Not all of it though--just the playing part.)
Not the practicing and stumbling through notes/playing the wrong notes/not playing up to tempo part.
But hey--practice makes perfect, right?
I wish I were better at piano, more driven and motivated to perfect my skills.
Piano represents another area of my life in which I am solidly mediocre.
I'm not great, I'm not terrible. 
Just OK. 
I can read notes easily, I can reach my fingers more than an octave.
But it's still average. 
My life is stuck in this mire of mediocrity.
Maybe instead of blogging, I should do something about it.

3 comments:

Amy said...

That's basically how I feel about everything! Mediocre. That's why I can't pick something to do with the rest of my life...I'm not good enough at anything. Sigh...

Bianka Rose said...

So you find something you love, work hard at it, then excel in it. (I lack the motivation, ughhh.) I have faith in you, Amy! :)

Samantha said...

Ah, I'm kind of like with everything. Never getting good enough to say "I'm a _________" just "I write sometimes" or "yeah, I draw some stuff"