Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Happiness in a List

According to the UN, the following countries are the top 10 best places to live, in chronological order:
  1. Norway
  2. Australia
  3. Iceland
  4. Canada
  5. Ireland
  6. the Netherlands
  7. Sweden
  8. France
  9. Switzerland
  10. Japan
I don't know about you, but this list is hilarious. It also makes me kind of really happy. I want to live in at least seven of these places.
Iceland is number three. Perfect. Two-thirds of the Scandinavian Peninsula is on this list. What's up with Finland? Slackers.
What's at the bottom of this list of 182 countries? Niger and Afghanistan. Apparently, Norway makes eighty-two dollars for every dollar Niger makes.

3 comments:

Luna Moon said...

Ms. Bryen has last year's version of this on her wall. And Japan is worthy of the list, but it would take me some time to be genuinely happy there.

Samantha said...

US and Mexico? why are you letting those canadians win? Not okay.
But really, this is why I'm not a huge fan of the US.

Andrea said...

Japan seems too crowded to me, but I wouldn't mind living in any of those other places